Sunday, August 27, 2006

Singapore Idol 2006

I say it's Hady Mirza, all the way. He can sing decently, and the rest, with the inconsistent exception of Jonathan Leong, could make soap curdle singing in the shower. Paul Twohill would stain the soap with mascara, too. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Sometimes people ask me what I do professionally, and they might ask the question, "What's a mainframe?" Maybe these videos help answer that question. Maybe.

I'm adjusting well to my new MacBook. The keyboard is a bit different, and I'm still trying to figure out the keyboard accelerators to stay productive. The standard memory (512 MB) is a bit on the light side, but it's not too horrible. I've had a couple applications crash, but the operating system itself seems rock solid. Everything I need to do at the office can be done. Keeping the machine clean will be a huge challenge. Anybody have any advice for cleaning a white MacBook?

UPDATE: Hady is in the final four three two.

No comments: